General

Welcome to the official feedback and suggestion box for the SitePoint Marketplace. Let us know what you’d like to see, and vote for your favorite ideas, as submitted by other marketplace users.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Integrate an escrow service

I suggest that Sitepoint integrate an escrow service into the marketplace. Something like the way rentacoder has. For a Buyer, they would have to deposit funds before they could bid on any item. This requires alot of think, but it's just an idea that I think should be considered.

289 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Restore listing view counters

Marketplace 1.0 had a view counter associated with every listing. Users have asked to have this feature restored to Marketplace 2.0.

118 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add Monthly Revenue AND Profit to the search listings

It would make it easier to find sites that are of interest if we could see the Monthly Revenue and Profit in the search listings. So if we are looking for sites with certain levels of revenue and profit, we can easily see it. I look at too many listings only to find that they are making no money or too little. It would be great to be able to sort the listings by these values as well.

23 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on a major revamp of the Marketplace, where you will be able to filter your view by any aspect of an auction/listing, including revenue and profit figures. Stay tuned!

• BBCode or HTML option for formatting auction descriptions

Everyone time a seller lists an auction they have to reformat and recolour their listing text. This is incredibley wasteful.

Allow us to use basic BBCode (color, italic, bold) so we can roll out new listings without duplicate effort.

16 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A work-around that is currently available is to disable JavaScript when creating a listing. The rich text editor for the auction description will revert to a plain textarea into which you can type (or paste) HTML code.

• Don’t allow deletion of info after auction close

From a buyer's perspective, if I lose an auction, I find it helpful to see what the final selling price was of the site I didn't win. It helps me prepare for bidding on similar type sites. However, a number of sellers remove listing information after the auction closes. In an open auction, this information should be available.

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have planned a feature that will allow the auction holder to make a completed auction “private”, which will remove it from the view of users not logged into the Marketplace. This will leave it visible to the bidders.

• Bring Back Domain Name Auctions

The previous domain auctions worked - as we can set a price / buy it now etc.

Now all the domains are listed in "domain classified section" - the term "classified" sounds cheap and nasty - you cannot set prices and people cannot place bids etc aprt from messenging.

I use sitepoint to sell my premium domains and now i have to share the section with thecatsatonthe mat.info - either bring the domian section or a premium domain section. and if you are not them take the section from the marketplace listing!

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base