I suggest you ...

Verification of AdSense income

Many sites are sold based on Google AdSense income; however, it is difficult for buyers to verify claims made by sellers about the amount of income being generated through AdSense.

The Marketplace system should (with seller’s permission) reach into the seller’s AdSense account and pull out income information.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin YankAdminKevin Yank (Admin, SitePoint Marketplace) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Kevin YankAdminKevin Yank (Admin, SitePoint Marketplace) responded  · 

As a few users have pointed out, automated verification of income may not be possible. We may instead provide a “SitePoint-verified income” upgrade that the seller could pay for, after which a SitePoint staff member would contact the seller and work to verify the stated income.

Let us know what you think!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • babyboy808babyboy808 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting idea. Another idea could be to require the seller to export and upload their adsense earnings into a csv file and then Sitepoint could generate a bar chart from this?

• nufoundglorynufoundglory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What?? Though it may sound good for potential buyers, i think it wouldn't be possible since seller might and usually have more than one site using particular adsense account, and probably some are using url channels and the others are not.
        and, if u could pull something like that out of someone's adsense account, wouldn't it be insecured??

Feedback and Knowledge Base