I suggest you ...

Don't Force Sellers to Sell to the Top Bidder

Right now there are a lot of auctions that have to be relisted because of deadbeat bidders who don't follow through. This wastes the time of the seller who is forced to relist and of other legitimate bidders who lose out on sites because someone outbids them and doesn't follow through. Let's go back to the old system and allow sellers to decide - it will work out best for everyone.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Domainerator shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminKevin Yank (Admin, SitePoint Marketplace) responded  · 

Currently, sellers are able to reject any bids they don’t like. So you aren’t forced to sell to the highest bid, just the highest bid you have accepted. Is this not working for you?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Domainerator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last one I promise: one of the problems with this new system is the legally binding aspect of the new SitePoint. Imagine I accept a top bid but the bidder doesn't get back to me or tries to scam me somehow. Technically I'm obliged to sell. I'd rather have the option of saying 'look, you seem like a scammer, I'm going to the second bidder' after the fact. Thanks and sorry this got so long :)

I much preferred the old system which I think is better for both buyers and sellers: it lets the sellers have the option of going to the second-tier bidder if the first one falls through and it lets buyers know what other bids have been placed rather than them having to 'bid blind' because some bids might not have been accepted/rejected yet

Yup, this is a huge problem for me actually. I used to be able to just accept all bids and the auction would work like a normal auction with everyone seeing what the previous person bid. Now I have to refuse to accept bids until I talk with the seller and verify they are legitimate. Now the top bid showing on the auction at any given time is inaccurate and people don't know what to bid as a result

Feedback and Knowledge Base